This Certificate is designed to give the professional in the Security field or the student who is considering getting into the corporate, government or law enforcement security field, knowledge of crisis preparedness and consequence management in the context of Homeland Security. Students taking this certificate will learn the functions and goals of national response systems, and they will apply what they learn to actual events, including the use of weapons of mass destruction. And, most importantly, students will practice writing the relevant reports expected in such contexts.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Define Crisis Preparedness
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully write a sound executable Emergency Management Plan
- Demonstrate understanding and application of National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe the goals of the National Response Framework (NRF).
- Demonstrate understanding and application of ICS, NIMS, NRF concepts by applying to natural and man-made disasters.
- Discuss and analyze key concepts and issues integral to the WMD terrorist threat including terrorist capabilities and motivations.
- Prepare well-written reports for higher levels about WMD terrorism.