Doctorate in Strategic Security
The doctorate in security is a global security program for governmental, law enforcement, military and corporate leaders, and Chief Security Officers (CSO's) who are responsible for personnel, resources, and operations in the inter-disciplinary strategic security profession. Graduates will be able to organize effectively a wide range of strategic security resources and personnel, across multiple agencies and industries, to produce timely, objective, and accurate intelligence and other security-related products. Emphasis is placed throughout the program on the ability to effectively communicate and influence top-level decision makers from an interdisciplinary perspective. Graduates with a doctorate in security will develop the competencies to become adept at managing assets and adjusting strategies in dynamic security environments gained through advanced coursework in this global security program.
Graduates of the Doctorate in Strategic Security program will be able to:
- Formulate, conduct, and present quantitative and qualitative research at the tactical, operational, strategic, and theoretical levels.
- Synthesize analytic, evaluative, and research inputs in the gathering of intelligence to prevent and forestall emerging threats.
- Master the competencies necessary to be considered subject matter experts in the strategic security profession including professional security, counter-terrorism, intelligence management, and protection with a global perspective
- Utilize effective communication strategies to demonstrate leadership competencies.
- Strategically communicate key concepts and ideas to influence diverse audiences and decision-makers in strategic security.