This Certificate is designed to give the professional in the Security field or the student who is considering getting into the corporate, government or law enforcement security field, a comprehensive understanding of the leadership and management of the security organization. Students will learn the nuances of strategic level leadership positions along with best practices in leadership and management. Students taking this certificate will practice the literacy skills needed in leadership positions. And, equally important, students will learn how to evaluate and write intelligence briefings and how to create effective intelligence-related presentations.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Read and evaluate finished intelligence briefings for their formative characteristics and summative value.
- Understand the characteristics of effective presentations with respect to intelligence related material; evaluate oral presentations for effectiveness.
- Distinguish among the fundamental research domains of knowledge (critical thinking, open-minded inquiry, conceptual thinking, and inferences vs. assumptions) and how they apply to the field of strategic security.
- Compare strategies and pitfalls for evaluating the reliability, credibility, and validity of information.
- Analyze and assess strategic level leadership positions and current organizational and systemic programs within the national security structure
- Evaluate organizational theory methodologies and systems to analyze the national security structure
- Interpret a "common leadership vision" and demonstrate effective communication within the context of strategic security leadership to stakeholders at all levels