Preload Main Menu Hover Preload Affiliations Menu Hover Preload Affiliations Menu Hover Preload Button Hover Preload Loading GIF


Admissions FAQ

How do I begin the application process?

The general criteria for admission can be found here:

When do courses start?

Bachelors, Masters and Certificate courses begin on the first of every month and run for ten weeks. Course starts are every month with the exception of the Doctorate where courses start quarterly: January, April, July, and October.

How long does it take to earn a Degree online?

If you take 2 classes per 10 week quarter or 8 classes per year, it will enable you to earn your degree in about 2.5 years for the Bachelor’s, 2 years for the Master’s, or 3 years for the Doctorate, this includes one year for the completion of the dissertation. The average published completion time for the Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate  programs are six, four and one-half and five years respectively.

How can I get credit for knowledge gained outside of the traditional college classroom?

Henley-Putnam University may award credit based on American Council on Education (ACE) or Program On Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI) credit recommendations for military training and other occupational experience as it applies to the degree program.  Also included are Advanced Placement Examinations, College Level Examination Program General Examinations (CLEP), and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests.

Evaluation of experiential learning is also reviewed. Students may submit an assessment portfolio providing documentation of learning that has resulted from his or her life experience. Experiential learning is defined as those skills, competencies and knowledge that are gained through work, training, self-development, or volunteer experience. Credit for experiential learning can only be awarded for learning that is measurable and satisfies the objectives of the course in lieu of which the credit is awarded. Learning must likewise be the result of a mixture of practical and theoretical learning, as evaluated by University subject matter experts. No experiential learning credit will be accepted for the Master's or Doctorate degree programs.

In addition, challenge exams may be requested. Students with experience in a particular area may have the option of challenging a particular course by taking a written and verbal exam. Students must have completed one quarter of course work to be eligible for challenge exams.

No challenge exams are available for the Doctoral Program.

What are the admissions requirements?

The University requires applicants to go through a background check and screening process for all programs/certificates.  Active military and law enforcement applications can include a letter of good standing request to be completed in place of conducting the background check. Please contact your Admissions Coordinator for questions about documentation.

When do I complete an Enrollment Agreement?

An Admissions Coordinator will help you successfully complete the enrollment package. Due to the nature of the educational material and our desire to assure you are entering into the appropriate program, your Admissions Coordinator will guide you through the process and help you successfully complete the enrollment package.

Apply now

The enrollee is not considered officially a registered student until the University has processed the signed Enrollment Agreement and all admissions documentation has been submitted and accepted.

Click here for degree catalog to review policies